Intel announced its new SSD 330 Series of solid state drive using SATA 6Gbps interface, which is designed to provide budget-conscious consumers with a more affordable entry into the accelerated storage performance of SSDs. Based on Intel’s 25nm MLC NAND flash memory and using SATA III 6Gbps, the SSD 330 utilizes SandForce;s SF-2281 controllers, instead of Intel’s own chip.
The SSD 330 series offers up to 500MB/s sequential read speeds and up to 450MB/s sequential write speeds for faster data transfers, and a random read performance of up to 22,500IOPS and 33,000 write IOPS, boosting overall application and system responsiveness, significantly outperforming a typical consumer hard disk drive. The series comes in 2.5-inch/9.5mm form factor and is available in 60GB, 120GB and 180GB capacities.
Aimed at entry-level, mainstream client users, the SSD 330 series is priced at $89 for 60GB, $149 for 120GB and $234 for 180GB.
A-DATA has launched its new S510 series SATA III SSD which according to the company is a “highly cost-effective option for SSD upgrades of existing systems, and for new SATA 6Gb/s enabled computers”. It utilizes the SandForce SF-2200 controller and SATA III 6Gbps interface, the S510 delivers up to 550MB/s read speed and 510MB/s write speed with 4K random write speeds as high as 85,000 IOPS.
It comes in a 2.5-inch MLC SSD in the capacity of 120GB and it supports Windows TRIM command. It also comes bundled with a 2.5-inch to 3.5-inch drive bracket for easy installation on your desktop PC.
A-Data S510 SATA 6.0 Gbps SSD Specifications
- 120GB storage capacities
- MLC NAND Flas (Mulit-level cell) Asynchronous Flash
- Uses SATA 6Gb/s interface
- 2.5-inch form factor
- SandForce SF-2200 integrated controller
- Comes with a total of eight memory channels
- DuraClass and DuraWrite technologies
- Read up to 550MB/S, & write up to 510MB/S (documents data transfer (ATTO)
- Read up to 200MB/S, & write up to 140MB/S (MMultimedia Data Transfer (AS-SSD)
- 4K random write (Aligned): 60,000 IOPS
- Maximum 4K randdom write: 85,000 IOPS
- 0°C ~ 70°C operating temperature
- -40°C ~ 85°C storage temperature
- Shock resistance up to 1500G
- Power consumption of 4.7W active; 0.6W idle
- 1,000,000hrs MTBF
- Support Windows TRIM command
SMART Modular today introduced the Optimus solid-state drive (SSD) for enterprise storage applications. Featuring a native Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) 6Gb/s interface and up to 1.6TB usable capacity, the Optimus is claimed to be the industry’s highest capacity and fastest SAS multi-level cell (MLC) SSD. Available in 200GB, 400GB, 800GB, and 1.6TB usable capacities, the 2.5-inch SAS SSD features industry-leading read/write speeds of 100K/50K random IOPS and 500/500MB/s sustained transfer rates. The Optimus SSD also includes support for wide-port SAS capability, providing up to 1GB/s sustained read performance in applications equipped to support this advanced feature. The SMART Optimus SSD will begin sampling in September 2011.
Via – [Akihabara]